Thursday, July 24, 2008

Camping with the Holy Spirit




by Danny B. Smith, Purple Ark Ministries
© Copyright Reserved July 24, 2008

Camping with the Holy Spirit

"Transformed into His Likeness"
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
My family and I recently ventured on a camping trip to Carpentaria State Beach in California. It was a great chance to spend time with God, my family and fellow church members. I have discovered this year that intimacy with God is also spending time with your family and your church body. As a passionate soul for God, I am consumed with mission work to the point that I sometimes neglect the quiet personal embrace of being together and resting in the presence of the Lord. During the camping trip I was blessed with restoration in the body of Christ. As men & women of God we need the living water that flows out from the fountain which is Christ Jesus. Through Christ we have redemption. In the first Pentecost, Jesus has left us the Holy Spirit to comfort each of us and restores peace during our time of rest. The great water of life that poured into the campground was beautiful and full of God's healing power. I really enjoyed the walks on the beach and the time of prayer and devotion. I found peace as I walked through the sand of my Father's hands.

As the time came to an end and our journey home begins, I could smell the water of life. I could feel the movement and fragrance of the refiner's fire. Something in the delta spectrum of our lives has changed and we are now ready to receive new direction from God. We have been renewed in the Spirit. We have shared in the balance of preparation for what is to come. The many people that shared this time have been moved to a new level and a more intimate place with God. I am grateful for the fresh annoiting that God has blessed us with. We have truly camped in the lights of Heaven's glow. We have been washed in the potter's clay and restored by the Maker's hands! Let the vessels of God set sail to seek out new souls. It is our life purpose to harvest new souls for God's glory.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, thank you for the time that we shared together under lights of your Heaven. Great and wonderful God we thank you for Christ the redeemer, we embrace your Holy Spirit that has nursed us back to full strength. We are ready to harvest new souls for Your Kingdom! Show us the way dear Lord, Show us your perfect way! Light up our paths that we will see the needs around us. We are ready Father, We are ready! Thank you for a awesome camping trip with your Holy Spirit. Amen
tel: 714 924-5778

No comments: